Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ruger 22/45 SD





Just finished threading the barrel on my Ruger 22/45. Pics show my 5.56 can (still waiting for the TAC65 to come in)...but you get the idea. Shot it today with the 5.56 can using Aguila SuperExtra 22LR 40gr. subsonics. Talk about "Hollywood" quiet. All you could hear was the action. Gun is still "dead-balls" accurate. Took the can off --> talk about dirty. Had to put it in my suppressor bath after I was done shooting. Can't wait for the TAC65 to come in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you thread it yourself or have somebody hook you up?

I'd like to thread the 22/45 I have, but I don't know anybody that can do it and I don't have any of the equipment to handle such a job.

Anonymous said...

Rock,

Get in contact with Bob Eurina over there at Antique & Modern Firearm Repair (757-361-0311). He does all of my gunsmithing work. As a matter of fact, I don't trust anybody else to work on my weapons. He threaded my 22/45. As a matter of fact, he's getting ready to do the 1911 grip mod on it just as soon as I get over to his place today. When you talk to him...tell him that CPT R referred you. Take care.